Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer is finally here

Ok, we can determine fully now that I am about the worst blogger ever! I have the hardest time sitting down long enough to write something and post photo's. . I don't have a facebook account, because I know that people would be posting stuff, and I would not. It would be wasted on me. Just one more thing that I have to do in my opinion. But it is nice to keep in touch and know what everyone is up to every once in a while. So, school is out! Yea! And things get busy in a different way. Tyler is going to high school next year, which is so weird for me! I can't possibly be old enough to have a kid in high school! And Lanae goes to Junior high, 7th and 8th grade is our junior high. Which is totally crazy too! Everyone is growing and moving on, and needing me less and less in some ways, but more and more in others. More needing me to drive them here there and everywhere, and less of the daily maintenance stuff, like helping them get dressed and tying their shoes. Sawyer just turned 4 a few months ago. It seems like he is such a big boy now. My baby stage is finally over, and I am sad about it! But excited for the new adventures of teenagers. . . So far it has been really fun! I find that we are laughing and having fun with each other more than we are arguing with each other. This last winter wasn't as bad as the previous winter, so, Minnesota is turning out to not be so bad after all. The kids have found good friends, some good sports programs and I am liking the schools. I still feel like we just moved here, though it has been almost two years this August. Time sure does fly when you stay busy. This summer Tyler is 14, so he gets to start going to the dances, EFY and to High Adventure with our church. He also just passed his board of review , and so he is officially an Eagle scout! We haven't had the court of honor yet, that is in the works, but that is a huge accomplishment for him. Lanae is still in Travel soccer. I was not willing to pay for it this year, so, she worked and came up with the money herself. Over 400$. . . She is a good little player. Sasha, Coleman , Josh and Alia are playing association soccer through our city parks and recreation of which I am the coach of all 4 of those teams. It is so fun to be with them. But sometimes it gets too much, especially when I am out on the soccer field for 8 hours on Saturdays. I have quite the tan now though! We will be coming to Vegas, Utah and Idaho this summer, in a few weeks. . . It has been too long since we have seen everyone. We got to go to Nauvoo as a family over spring break, and went to Kansas City after thanksgiving. It was so fun to see all of our old friends that still live there. It was nice to see Nauvoo again too, and review all the history again. It has been at least 10 years for us since we went last.

2 comments:

Megan said...

So fun to hear about you guys! Sounds like life is good!! We still have one more week of school left and I'm excited for the summer. Next week we are going to Maine. Should be alot of fun! Hope you have a great trip in UT!

Liz said...

Nice to read about your family...glad you are doing well!! :) Love ya'