Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

Ok, so I did a whole page, and then lost it, I hate when that happens.


We have had quite a time here in Minnesota. Thankfully our bus stop is right in front of our house. Because it is so cold here, that we can watch for our bus through our back door, and they start running to the corner. The bus gets there right when they do. Which is nice.
I understand that it is colder and snowey er than they have had it here in a long time. yesterday we had a blizzard of sorts. We went out and cleared our driveway about three times, just so that when it did stop snowing, it wouldn't be sooo tall and unmanageable. Luckly we also just purchased a snowblower. . . . I can not tell you how great an invention that is! It blows snow so much faster than we can shovel. It would have taken us hours with our snow shovels what a snowblower can do in 10 minutes.
Our church was canceled today, because the snow got so bad, they called back the snow plows and had them only doing the critical, and major roads. So, the back road we take to church would have been a nightmare. Especially with our back wheel drive one ton van. That would have been fun.
It has been a while since I have written. We had a wonderful thanksgiving. We flew Brandon's sister Kristy in from provo Utah where she is attending BYU. We haven't seen her in a year and a half, so we thought we had better see her. It was so much fun! The whole family went to a Timberwolves game, we played games, watched movies, went on a special date with just Brandon, Kristy and I. We Went to Mall of America on Black Friday. . . Crazy!!! Yea, tell me about it!
This year for Thanksgiving, some friends invited us along with three other families over to celebrate. It was fun, crazy, nice, ! There were about 35 people there, kids included. We had a good time. The best thing though, was the variety of foods that everyone brought. I don't think I have been sooo stuffed in a long time. My belly was bulging from so much good food~
Then we had the snow, and more snow and more snow. If you look in some of the pictures, the snow goes up to my chest in some area's and to my thigh in others, and it is only the beginning of December. We still have Jan. and Feb to go through before they say it starts getting better. The natives tell me that there are a few weeks each year were it gets to be about -20 where it is just miserable and the babies cry going from the car to the store because it is so cold. Their poor little fingers freeze. I may just have to put my babies in snow pants wherever we go for those few weeks. Just so we don't freeze to death.
After this, I can see how everyone would really enjoy the summers.
Just before Thanksgiving, I cut my hair !! I know, I hate it. It is very short, and I donated 11 inches to locks of love. The girl that cut it, gave me a rock star type hairstyle that I don't like a bit. . . So I am suffering through growing it out again. Brandon warned me that I wouldn't like it. That I never do when I cut it, but I did it anyway, and he is just too kind to say I told you so. He still loves me thank goodness.

1 comment:

Savannah said...

I hated my hair when I chopped it too. just have to make the best of it... hey at least you can wear a beanie for the next 3 months :)

I have to say, I am thouroughly impressed with Tyler. He is such an awesome big brother and So helpful. I was looking at all those pics of him helping the little guys skate when he could easily have been off on his own. He is so selfless and at his age that is amazing! YOu guys are doing a great job! Love you!