Thursday, September 9, 2010

crazy times

This has been the most crazy summer. We left Virginia the middle on June, on the kids last day of school . For most of the time I had access to a computer or to some wireless internet for my laptop, but for the past month,no, longer, it has been sparce to have a computer available.
The last of July we were in Junction Utah where there was one stop light and one general store. If we parked in the parking lot of the store we had internet on our wireless computers, and our cell phones would get reception, otherwise, we were kind of stuck.
Then we were in a rental home for the first two weeks of being here in Minnesota with no access, and then we just got it hooked up in our new home, because of some mix ups with the company that I scheduled to have come and hook us up. . . Crazy! It is so funny how much we come to depend on the internet now. It was like having my right arm cut off for a while. Like a fish out of water. Totally cut off from the world. What did we do without the internet? We just floundered in obscurity.
Anyways, We had the funnest time. This summer we went to Nashville, TN to Albaquerque new Mexico, to the grand canyon, To Vegas, to Sea World in San Diego, to Idaho Falls, and went boating there. We went to Salt Lake City, toured Temple square and the new tabernacle. Toured BYU in Provo and went to Lagoon the water park. We got to ride sheep and bulls, chase chickens and ride 4 wheelers. It was such a good summer! It was almost a let down to come and have to be normal again.

We love our new neighborhood! Everyone is so great! We keep meeting new friends everyday and finding new fun things to do in the cold.
I have already bought the kids gloves and Jackets. I just have to wait for the boots and snow pants to come out.
The kids started school this week, which was a big yaaa hoo from both Brandon and I. THey have met so many friends and have had a good time thus far. Josh is in a spanish immersion school where they don't speak anything but Spanish all day long. So this will be an interesting year for him! Our ward is fantastic! It seems like we are already family there. I really think we are going to like it here. Despite the cold. Two of our neighbors are putting ice rinks in their back yards. So now I am on the lookout for ice skates for my kids. I know they will be out there everyday ice skating. Too much fun! Love to all

1 comment:

Megan said...

I've been wondering about you guys! Glad to hear you are settled and loving it!